Responsible for managing and leading all office and team related plans and activities, which vary from strategic and policy defining to tactical day-to-day decision making in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strategy for managing all aspects of a brokerage business environment.
- Lead and manage all staff and staffing decisions, including hiring/termination, training, compensation, etc.
- Develop and regularly report on a set of KPIs that detail office performance monthly.
- Achieve office goals for revenue and margin, while managing risk and maintaining financial integrity in all business matters.
- Develop a team that is scalable and flexible enough to support changing business priorities.
- Evaluate current partnerships from a cost and quality-of-service perspective, develop a vision for the future, and take the necessary actions to get there.
- Establish structure required to manage the office’s tactical and strategical needs.
- Monitor the market regularly and report trends, opportunities, and threats to the team and organization.
- Stay up to date on potentially impactful governmental regulations and world events that could disrupt growth.
- Manage the day-to-day operational excellence and facilitate quarterly review with all stakeholders.
- Define and own the claims and invoicing processes to ensure all activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- Foster a work environment that promotes Paul Logistics values for people, performance, and ethics.
- Ensure alignment between corporate standard operating procedures and the satellite offices.
- Scout for inefficiencies and pursue improvements within all the business enterprise.
- Travel as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of successful people supervisory experience
- Past participation in building a budget, business plan, and P&L.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Superior networking skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Mcleod Software experience
- Extensive knowledge of brokerage pricing and current pricing tools.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence, demonstrate sound business judgement
- Problem-solver, detail oriented, outgoing, and positive attitude.
- Superior customer service and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated, competitive team-player with a huge desire to WIN
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drug coverage, , paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a working environment that provides qualified employees and applicants with equal employment opportunity on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identification and/or gender nonconformity) sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.