We are seeking a talented individual for a Business Development Manager role at Paul Logistics located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This individual will be responsible for identifying and developing a portfolio of dry van, refrigerated, flatbed, and LTL customers and shippers in North America.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Successfully solicit and secure new customers for Paul Logistics, Inc.
- Maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance.
- Pursue new opportunities, identify service improvements, and implement profit enhancements.
- Build and continuously improve a customer base of modally diverse brokerage customers.
- Identify and build relationships with all decision makers, key contacts, and stakeholders during and after the sales process.
- Incorporate and orchestrate the internal resources required to successfully secure new brokerage customers.
- Use current pricing tools and follow internal processes to secure pricing for all large bids, RFP/RFQ opportunities, etc.
- Utilize current TMS, CMR, and sales research tools to secure and document interaction with all sales pursuits.
- Partner with and positively impact our current sales, capacity, account, and leadership teams.
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities, governmental regulations, and competitive landscape.
- Leverage all external and internal partners to generate sales pipeline and enhance sales opportunities with both new and existing accounts.
- Interpret and evaluate pricing and contracts to ensure proper adherence, mitigate exposure, and eliminate risk, while achieving expected profit margins.
- Participate and possibly coordinate quarterly (when necessary) and annual reviews with current customers.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of successful industry sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, professional sales, or related curriculum.
- Successful sales experience in 3PL/brokerage environment
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Mcleod Software experience
- Knowledge of brokerage pricing and current pricing tools.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence, demonstrate sound business judgement
- Superior customer service and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated, competitive team-player with a huge desire to WIN
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drug coverage, , paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a working environment that provides qualified employees and applicants with equal employment opportunity on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identification and/or gender nonconformity) sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.