Paul Transportation is seeking to hire an experienced Driver Manager. This individual will play an instrumental role in our operations to maximum fleet utilization and play a support role working directly with the Operations Director.
- Manage a fleet of students and experienced drivers; Coordinate and fulfill equipment requests to maximize company asset utilization
- Focus on driver retention by understanding driver requirements/preferences, by monitoring driver performance to ensure driver requirements are being met, and by keeping drivers informed and motivated.
- Receive load assignments from Customer Service and review to ensure the suitability of such driver assignments.
- Monitor driver locations to manage potential issues and assist with time critical scheduling
- Promote safety throughout all areas of operations, including the dispatching of loads in accordance with the drivers hours of availability. Responsible for driver and company compliance with any applicable local, state and federal DOT rules and regulations
- Identify, track, and resolve performance issues by conducting driver evaluations and driver route and hold meetings.
- Resolve driver conflicts, problems, and requests with respect to matters such as, home time, pay, equipment, and load assignments.
- Ensure the awareness of and enforce company policies.
- Maintain records pertaining to driver performance and productivity.
- Participate as an active member in Quality/Kaizen teams and attend company meetings, as necessary.
- On-call nights and weekends (unless on leave); periodic Saturday morning rotation
- Must have a Minimum of 1 year experience AS A Driver Manager
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced professional work environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A background in MS Office is required
- Experience with McLeod Transportation software required
- Qualcomm E-log systems experience preferred
You can send your resume to email@example.com