Responsible for developing a portfolio of new and key current customers, building relationships, and growing our wallet share of business. Senior Account Developers manage the largest, most complex, and most impactful customer relationships in our portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as our company’s most successful account developer with our largest, most impactful, and potentially most important customers.
- Partner with sales and leadership to create growth, pricing, and communication strategies for our most important customers.
- Coordinate all internal resources on behalf of the deal team in pursuit of new business or improvement opportunities.
- Build solid relationships with new and current customers and provide superior customer service.
- Communicate with new and current customers daily to build solid, mutually beneficial relationships that provide long-term portfolio stability.
- Be the customer’s internal advocate and ensure we are doing what we committed to doing, every time and with everyone.
- Be an external advocate for Paul Logistics by keeping what is best for the customer and the company at the core of all that we do.
- Forecast and monitor financial metrics (loads, revenue, margin, etc.) to ensure profitable growth.
- Resolve issues as they occur and pro-actively address potentially problematic situations as they materialize.
- Conduct quarterly (when necessary) and annual reviews with all current customers.
- Stay informed about industry trends, marketplace conditions, and any other events that shape manufacturing and transportation.
- Serve as the customer’s best source for industry information and marketplace conditions.
- Partner with the capacity team to ensure freight is picked up, tracked, traced, and delivered successfully.
- Build orders in our TMS, accept orders in our EDI environment, and master use of customer’s web portals.
- Document all meaningful or impactful interaction with customers in our CRM.
- Utilize current pricing tools and follow pricing processes to secure transportation pricing for current customers.
- Work with asset CSRs to understand what Paul Transportation driver needs are for the week.
- Work with supervisors, managers, and directors to ensure we consistently provide superior service to our customer and carrier partners.
- Travel as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry sales or account management experience.
- High level of mastery of Microsoft suite of tools
- Successful account management experience in 3PL/brokerage environment
- Mcleod Software experience
- Knowledge of brokerage pricing, and current pricing tools.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence, demonstrate sound business judgement
- Superior customer service and relationship-building skills
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drug coverage, , paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a working environment that provides qualified employees and applicants with equal employment opportunity on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identification and/or gender nonconformity) sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.