Develop relationships with capacity owners and existing carriers to successfully transport Paul Logistic customer’s freight. Maintain and develop a portfolio of carrier capacity partners in dry van, refrigerated, and flatbed. Negotiate rates and secure capacity for our customer’s freight while maintaining expected margins.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio that includes a lot our most used, repeat-book, partner carrier relationships.
- Facilitate quarterly (when necessary) and annual reviews with our carrier partners.
- Partner with other members of the capacity management team to ensure our freight is picked up on time, all the time.
- Develop relationships with new and existing carriers we work with on a repeat basis.
- Maintain and develop a continuously expanding portfolio of repeat-book carrier partners in all modes.
- Negotiate rates with carriers that meets or exceeds revenue and profit margin goals and expectations.
- Manage all freight by ensuring on time pickup and delivery, transparent tracking, and operational excellence.
- Automate tracking and tracing by using Macropoint whenever possible.
- Pro-actively problem solve and communicate service issues to internal support stakeholders to minimize service failures, promote on-time performance, and ensure safety.
- Keep our freight visible to the marketplace and ensure we are updated frequently throughout the day.
- Partner with account manager to ensure we do what we said we will do every time with everyone.
- Understand and utilize current pricing tools when negotiating carrier rates and providing pricing input to account managers and salespeople.
- Update status events in customer web portals in a timely fashion.
- Assist in building shipments in our TMS, when needed.
- Keep abreast of current pricing and transportation trends affecting the marketplace.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed.
- Minimum of 2 year of previous capacity management experience.
- Portfolio of repeat-book, core carrier relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Mcleod Software experience.
- Knowledge of brokerage pricing and current pricing tools.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, ability to influence, demonstrate sound business judgement
- Superior customer service and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated, competitive team-player with a huge desire to WIN
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drug coverage, , paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a working environment that provides qualified employees and applicants with equal employment opportunity on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender identification and/or gender nonconformity) sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.